Windows’ Command Prompt can generate a report of all your drivers. Historically, this worked well, but the information is often unreliable on Windows 10 and Windows 11. Right-click on the Start button and click on Device Manager. On Device Manager screen, right-click on the Device that you want to update and click on Update Driver option. On the next screen, click on Driver Updates, select the Driver Updates that you want to install and click on Download & Install button.
But there are still a lot of “legacy” apps that developers haven’t upgraded to 64-bit. Aman is a Windows specialist and loves writing about the Windows ecosystem on MakeUseOf. He has a Bachelor’s in Information Technology and is now a full-time freelance writer with expertise in Windows, iOS, and browsers. Get rid of unwanted drivers with these tricks for WIndows 11. By Richard Lawler, a senior editor following news across tech, culture, policy, and entertainment. He joined The Verge in 2021 after several years covering news at Engadget.
Printer Driver Is Unavailable On Windows 10, 11
Find and install updated software and hardware drivers for your computer. If any audio driver is listed, select its checkbox and click Download & install. Remember, if not through Windows Update, always download your drivers directly from the device manufacturer. Also, don’t install any which weren’t made specifically for your devices.
- If you want to update drivers on Windows 11 without any third-party software, then the Device Manager is the best tool for you.
- This command line tool is already installed in most Windows operating systems.
- Afterward, it will automatically install the Canon printer drivers on your computer.
- The purpose of printer drivers is to allow applications to do printing without being aware windows 7 drivers for Canon MF6100 of the technical details of each printer model.
- Windows is pretty good about not overwriting things like graphics drivers, though—especially if you’ve got a utility from the manufacturer that keeps up with updates.
Once you download the program, the installation is simple. You only need to launch the installer and continue with the on-screen directions. After the installation, click the check for updates button from the driver’s section to install the driver. After you complete the steps, the driver package will install on your device.
Want to impress your friends and family with awesome tech geekery?
So to rule out this possibility, run a malware scan on this computer, and hopefully, you should stop getting BSoD issues. Therefore, if you experience a black screen on Windows 11 PC or Laptop, this article has put together proven solutions to fix the problem and restore your desktop computer to working order. If you change your mind, you can always undo the changes using the same instructions, but on step 5, make sure to choose the “Not configured” option. If a specific hardware component is not working correctly, you can update it in Device Manager.